DQCraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The adventure update...

+3
DQuaN
MrCoolfiat
RyanGB98
7 posters

Go down

The adventure update... Empty The adventure update...

Post by RyanGB98 Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:11 am

What is going to happen when 1.8 arrives? Are we gonna switch to a new world, cling on somehow to our old one, or have 2 worlds?

RyanGB98

Back to top Go down

The adventure update... Empty Re: The adventure update...

Post by MrCoolfiat Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:19 am

RyanGB98 wrote:What is going to happen when 1.8 arrives? Are we gonna switch to a new world, cling on somehow to our old one, or have 2 worlds?
Dunc has expressed his thoughts and confirmed the creation of a new world for 1.8
MrCoolfiat
MrCoolfiat

http://GTPlanet.net

Back to top Go down

Post by DQuaN Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:26 am

Hopefully, if the server can handle it, I'm going to install Multiverse for bukkit and run the two worlds together. You should be able to teleport between them too. Smile

DQuaN
Admin

https://dqcraft.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanGB98 Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:38 am

DQuaN wrote:Hopefully, if the server can handle it, I'm going to install Multiverse for bukkit and run the two worlds together. You should be able to teleport between them too. Smile

Awesome. If it can't, I'm assuming it'll just be a new world.

RyanGB98

Back to top Go down

Post by WallRunner Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:25 am

Since it'll likely be a week or two before Bukkit is upgraded completely (Seeing as 1.8 is coming out as multiple updates), I think we should go without using /give/god/etc. commands for a bit and actually play survival mode and go adventuring!

WallRunner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrCoolfiat Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:27 am

WallRunner wrote:Since it'll likely be a week or two before Bukkit is upgraded completely (Seeing as 1.8 is coming out as multiple updates), I think we should go without using /give/god/etc. commands for a bit and actually play survival mode and go adventuring!

Hah!! I like that attitude sir!
MrCoolfiat
MrCoolfiat

http://GTPlanet.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryou Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:17 pm

That's a splendid idea Dunc, the ability to transport in-between to worlds. I'm looking for this update ever so much, even if we may lose our current world, but I still don't want to lose it. So let's hope we find solutions!

Ryou

Last edited by Ryou on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Ryou
Ryou

Location : A Lonely Mountain Overlooking the Dark Blue Sea of Despair

Back to top Go down

Post by DQuaN Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:16 pm

WallRunner wrote:Since it'll likely be a week or two before Bukkit is upgraded completely (Seeing as 1.8 is coming out as multiple updates), I think we should go without using /give/god/etc. commands for a bit and actually play survival mode and go adventuring!

Yeah but I'll import as much as possible from the old world. Which will be a real pain!!

DQuaN
Admin

https://dqcraft.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by dylansan Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:36 am

If you're keeping this world, why import anything to the new one? I was really looking forward to starting fresh.

dylansan

Back to top Go down

Post by tlowr4 Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:09 pm

[color=darkredThe amount of blood, sweat, and tears that have gone into the server is phenomenal, and the majority don't want to loose all our precious work. Nick just sent Duncan two gig's of DDR1 ram, which will greatly improve the server should he install it. Hence, we should be able to install multiworld and be able to TP between each of the worlds and have our new, fresh, 1.8 world with a no-spawning etc rule, as well as our old, epic, full of awesome world. If people get stuff spawned in the new world, and bring it with them to the new world, it would be pretty obvious, so that's not really a problem.[/color]

tlowr4

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanGB98 Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:32 pm

Just an idea, how about having the old map so you can't place or destroy blocks? It could kinda be a museum.

RyanGB98

Back to top Go down

Post by tlowr4 Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:59 am

^^ People's projects still aren't finished, and won't be for a long time.

I don't understand why you and dylansan want to start brand new all of a sudden. If you'd been here when the server first started and seen how it grew, you'd know what I'm talking about, and not want to give it up on your life. Just look around in Rapture! The ship, built by WallRunner by hand. Probably took him a few days. Dunc's obsidian submarine. Nick's tower. King and Queen palace. The mob trap of mine. We've all wasted hour upon hours of our life's on the server, and we don't want to give it up.

tlowr4

Back to top Go down

Post by dylansan Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:42 am

I want to start brand new because I know we could make everything a million times better on a new world without having to delete the old. I understand the hard work that went into most of the server, but it's working on those projects that brings the satisfaction, not the final result. If we created a format for the new cities, with things like 2 block wide paths and no excessive flattening of terrain for new buildings, making buildings that fit those designs would be more difficult, and therefore more satisfying, but everything would also look much better and coherent making the server that much more awesome. I don't think these construction rules should apply everywhere, but I do think some rules (no flattening a whole city-sized area and no colossal imports unless placed far far away from anything interesting).

With 1.8 coming though, we don't really have a choice. If we want our cities to have 1.8 features we'll need to start a new world or else all those new things will be far outside the main part of the current world. I do however think the old world should be open to modification without constraints, and the new one should have more strict building rules, giving us the "best of both worlds" as one might say...

dylansan

Back to top Go down

Post by tlowr4 Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:38 pm

^^ Here here Laughing

tlowr4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum